Chana Dhal Kozhukkattai
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Hits : 392
- Soak the rice, drain water completely and pound it.
- Chop the onions finely.
- Chop the green chillies to fine circles.
- Cook the dhal till soft.
- Heat a pan with Idhayam Sesame Oil, temper mustard and curry leaves.
- Saute onion and green chillies.
- Add cooked chana dhal, salt, grated coconut and stir well.
- Remove from fire.
- Make small balls of the dough.
- Flatten the balls and pat into circles with the tip of your fingers.
- Place a tablespoon of the sundal mixture in the centre.
- Fold into half circle,till the ends meet together.
- Stick the edges of the kozhukkattai.
- Make such kozhukkattais with rest of the dough.
- Boil required amount of water in a steamer.
- Arrange the kozhukkattai on an idli plate.
- Steam it and serve hot.
Choose Your Favorite Festival Recipes